Preparation Checklist 

Nonprofit registration is now closed

Read this Before You Apply to Participate

Please use the lists below to ensure that you have everything you need to breeze through the application process and become fully verified to participate in NH Gives. We have made changes to the way we process participant applications to try to clear up any ambiguity about eligibility requirements and clarify what information your organization needs to provide.

No refunds will be given for failure to ensure that you are eligible and able to provide the information required to participate. 

Your organization must: 

  • be a 501(c)(3) or have a fiscal sponsor that is. 
  • be registered and in good standing with the NH Charitable Trusts Unit (or the fiscal sponsor must be) OR not be required to register in order to legally fundraise in NH (i.e. Churches) 
    •  IMPORTANT NOTE:  Your registration with the NH Charitable Trusts is different than your registration with the NH Secretary of State.
  • be headquartered in or provide services in New Hampshire 
  • provide bank account information
  • provide the name, date of birth, home address and last four digits of the SSN for a representative of your organization. (Learn why this is required.)

To apply for participation you will need the following information: 

  • The legal name of the organization as it appears on your IRS form 990. 
  • The EIN of the organization 
  • The CTU registration number of the organization (NOTE: This is NOT your Business ID from the Secretary of State) 
  • The most recent annual revenue amount 
  • A credit card to pay the non-refundable application fee

To accept donations you will need to provide the following information:

  • Bank routing and account number*
  • The name, date of birth, home address and last four digits of the SSN for a representative of the organization. (Learn why this is required.)

*If you participated in NH Give previously and your banking information has not changed, you will not need to re-enter this information

If you have a fiscal sponsor, you will also need: 

  • The legal name of the fiscal sponsor 
  • The EIN of the fiscal sponsor 

To verify 501(c)(3) status, you can search for your organization on You can get your organization’s legal name, EIN and revenue amount on this site. 

To obtain your CTU registration number and verify your CTU status you can reference your latest Certificate of Good Standing from that office OR visit search for your organization. Please confirm that the letter G is in the Status column aligned with your name. The number in the left column is your CTU registration number.  This list is updated monthly.

If you are not listed, or do not have a G in the status column, please contact the CTU prior to registering for NH Gives.

(Visit for questions about CTU registration)