Read this Before You Apply to Participate
Please use the lists below to ensure that you have everything you need to breeze through the application process and become fully verified to participate in NH Gives. We have made changes to the way we process participant applications to try to clear up any ambiguity about eligibility requirements and clarify what information your organization needs to provide.
No refunds will be given for failure to ensure that you are eligible and able to provide the information required to participate.
Your organization must:
- be a 501(c)(3) or have a fiscal sponsor that is.
- be registered and in good standing with the NH Charitable Trusts Unit (or the fiscal sponsor must be) OR not be required to register in order to legally fundraise in NH (i.e. Churches)
- be headquartered in or provide services in New Hampshire
- provide bank account information
- provide the name, date of birth, home address and last four digits of the SSN for a representative of your organization. (Learn why this is required.)
To apply for participation you will need the following information:
- The legal name of the organization as it appears on your IRS form 990.
- The EIN of the organization
- The CTU registration number of the organization (This is NOT your Business ID from the Secretary of State)
- The most recent annual revenue amount
- A credit card to pay the non-refundable application fee
- Members of the NH Center for Nonprofits will need a discount code
To accept donations* you will need to provide the following information:
- Bank routing and account number
- The name, date of birth, home address and last four digits of the SSN for a representative of the organization. (Learn why this is required.)
*If you participated in NH Give previously and your banking information has not changed, you will not need to re-enter this information
If you have a fiscal sponsor, you will also need:
- The legal name of the fiscal sponsor
- The EIN of the fiscal sponsor
To verify 501(c)(3) status, you can search for your organization on www.Guidestar.org. You can get your organization’s legal name, EIN and revenue amount on this site.
To obtain your CTU registration number and verify your CTU status you can reference your latest Certificate of Good Standing from that office OR visit https://www.doj.nh.gov/charitable-trusts/documents/registered-charities.pdf search for your organization and confirm that the letter G is in the Status column aligned with your name. The number in the left column is your CTU registration number. This list is updated monthly.
(Visit https://www.doj.nh.gov/charitable-trusts/faq.htm for questions about CTU registration)
Special note for members of the NH Center for Nonprofits
You will need a registration code to access member pricing. Please contact email@example.com and wait to hear back before proceeding.
Not sure if you’re a member? Check here: https://www.nhnonprofits.org/view/members-nonprofit
Interested in becoming a member? Visit https://www.nhnonprofits.org/content/membership-nonprofit-organization
How to enter your registration code: There will be a link at the top of the registration form that asks if you have a discount code. Click on that link, enter the code and click on apply. You will see a small message that says "Code Applied. Your registration fee will be $25.00." If you do not see that message, do not proceed. Click on the blue chat bubble in the bottom right corner for assistance.
Search for your organization by name or EIN here. Make sure you have searched with full name as well as any abbreviations commonly used in your organization’s name (i.e. NH vs New Hampshire).
After a thorough search, if you do not see your organization listed, you will have the opportunity to create your organization’s profile.